"The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it." Samuel Johnson
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
23 Mobile Things, Thing 2
I've been needing to update my for phone for some time and it's finally happened. And I'm hoping to use 23 Things to help me get a headstart on understanding how to use it!
In this Thing I learned how to get a handle on organizing my home page, as well as how to set a background image and locked screen background. I also learned how to drag items together, which will create a folder. I thought it was neat to set the text on the phone to bold, making it all easier to read, especially from the homepage as the icons are so small.
The video speaker was so excited about the dynamic wallpaper-I hadn't found any wallpaper yet so this was all fun! I set my locked screen image to a beautiful black and white photo, and used a dynamic wallpaper for the home page.
I haven't used Siri at all yet, so this was fun. I changed the voice to a male voice from female.
The level hiding in the compass app is awesome! I might be most excited about that one!
More from tips that I found--you can access the camera by swiping up on any screen. While playing with this feature I discovered that you can turn the camera around and shoot the shooter, so to say. No wonder there are so many selfies in the world now! Ha! Also in the camera settings, if you hold down the volume button the camera will quickly focus and take a picture, rather than the normal slow step with the touch screen button.
I had fun with the weather app--I deleted some of the presets and put my own favorite places in there instead--so fun to learn how to personalize this device. And also so overwhelming to know there is probably ten times as much that I don't know! This phone is light years advances from the one I just retired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment