"The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it." Samuel Johnson
Friday, March 28, 2014
Thing 4, Keeping Up
I tried both Flipboard and Zite as suggested for this Thing. I found that I preferred Flipboard, but unfortunately it is as addictive as Facebook. Thanks so much for the introduction! But at least I feel more in control of the content versus just reading Facebook. I like the way you set what you like to include, and I really like saving things for later. I presume this would mean that you are offline and can still access the full articles. A nice feature for when you don't have wireless access or want to pull for a signal. What I didn't like about Zite is the constant scrolling, it was too fast and hard to read--making me feel a little sick. And when I selected "fitness" as one of the things I wanted to follow, I didn't expect the content they would pull would be freaky huge muscled men--I was offended even that they thought that this is what I would like.
Back to Flipboard, I felt more in control of the speed that I was browsing which I really liked. It was very easy to see the main topic choice when I opened the app. And a nice way to keep up on news and current events. The only thing missing, and maybe I missed it, is how to set for more local news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment