I struggled with the first suggestion of reading because everything I was trying was failing. This was, of course, frustrating. I really wanted to add a comment bar like they show in tip 2, but I received errors and gave up. It seemed that these tips were for Word Press. I tried to make it work for my blogger account, but I was starting to pull at my hair, so...
I skipped ahead and took a look at all of the Widgets available in Blogger. Wow! I know I didn't realize there were so many available when I was working on the original 23. I added a lot to my 23 Things blog, and am looking into what I can add to my personal blog. I added Children's Classic Book Art of the Day, World Clocks, Quotation of the Day, a subscription link, and for a little fun, Air Hockey! I also added a text tab to tell who I am and what library I'm from.
I'm putting twice as much time into this, because I'm making notes about what I should add to my personal blog as well. Thanks for all of these the tips! I've also added a link to my blog in the Widgets.
Ok, which ones did I reject? I didn't give much time to the Widgets once I got beyond the Basics and Featured tabs simply because I discovered how many there are! This could be neverending! Perhaps lots of fun, but neverending nonetheless...
How much time did I spend? I took maybe twenty minutes trying to read through some of the tips at work and have spent nearly an hour continuing at home. I have to get quicker at this...
No comments:
Post a Comment