Monday, February 2, 2009

Thing 24--Here we go again!

No, I have not kept up on my blog since I finished the first 23 Things. I wonder how many others are in the same boat?

I can report that I did do the Learning New Technologies workshop with Maurice Coleman in October. We got to play all day with cool technology such as cameras, gps, and a wii. As part of the homework for this class I had to do a training session. I did a quick explanation of how to use a digital camcorder and how to place a hold with our teen group. They were a kind audience!

In November I attended a day of the MLA Conference. Several of the sessions I attended were on Reader's Advisory, such as Inspirational Fiction and Romance. I have picked up a project I dreamed of with some co-workers after attending Nancy Pearl's class--to make up some lists of authors by genre. My end goal would be to see these lists posted to our website for easy patron (and co-worker) reference. We'll see what 2009 brings!

Do I like blogging? Honestly? Since I'm back doing it again and it feels like homework, fill in the blank! And am I reading other's blogs? No to that as well. I can see the benefits, but even after doing the first 23 Things, I still don't use the web in that way. But I will commit to doing Things Again, maybe I'll change my mind again...

No comments: