I decided to stick with my iGoogle page for this Thing. I read and feared the warning about how much time this exercise could consume and I'm confident that I put enough time into this Thing simply by updating my older iGoogle page from the first round of Things. And I like the idea of having my RSS and my emails readily viewable from this page. I'm sure you could set things up with the other start pages, but I stuck with this one.
I went in and changed my theme, played with adding more widgets, deleting some and rearranging everything. The options are limitless! And they were extremely easy to set up and use. I added an Ansel Adams photo widget, as well as a cool game called Color Junction. I maintained the moon phase map and the sunlight map of the world; moon phases are so very important to know when working with the public, correct?!
I also like the idea of creating something uniform on the staff computers. The problem is that so many of us use the same computers that I would think it would be too hard to agree on what to include/exclude. It also seems the sites we choose to access don't have widgets or RSS feeds, like our local radio station.
1 comment:
I like your blog - especially the quotation of the day. After reading that you were the only one in the Plum Creek group, I wanted to send you a comment because I live in the Plum Creek system even though I work at an academic library.
Marcia Johnson
Post a Comment