Friday, June 6, 2014

Thing 21 -- Free-For-All

For the Free-For-All Thing I would like to talk about the Netflix app. I have an account, and having this app on my phone is soooo very convenient. When I find a new movie title that I'd like to watch I can now just grab my phone. I might be sitting watching previews before a movie starts or flipping through a magazine like Entertainment Weekly. Also, if I've just put one or more movies in the mail to go back to Netflix I can quickly check what's next in my queue and make any changes I might want to make. You can also click to the full website to look at recommendations per genre or most popular, as you can't do all of that on the app. Another great movie app is IMDB, this stands for the Internet Movie DataBase. I recently used it during a meeting where we were trying to decide which movie to show in an outdoor theatre event to be held during our city's sesquicentennial event. We quickly eliminated some favorites, such as any Harry Potter or Star Wars movie because they are too long. I was able to help us make a pretty quick decision as the database lists the running times of all the movies!

No comments: