It's over. Wow. This was a big undertaking, but I'm so glad that I did it. I can use some of these tools at work and others were great for me to use personally...
Yes, my thoughts about 2.0 have changed, primarily because I was in the dark. The internet is no longer the place you go to for information, it's about connecting with other people who have similar interests, it's about pursuing your own purpose, in fact I can see clearly now how Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 are one and the same. That says a lot.
I'm very pleased to have finally set up an RSS feed. I'm keeping up on work stuff and news and family, it's a wonderful tool. I'm so very impressed with the concept behind Google docs. As well as the PDF conversion tools. I can't wait to spend time entering things into my Google calendar. Research Project Calculator can help me keep on task with my next newsletter, I guess I could go on and on.
I'm surprised that I have a list of things to go back and explore further: backpack, picnic, slide, remember the milk,
Perhaps the biggest challenge for me that I didn't see anyone previously address is keeping track of all of these accounts that you've joined and your user names and passwords.... Any suggestions for keeping up with that?! I say in jest, but I really am looking for some help here!
I connected with Kris in Renville! I posted the RCGS schedule to my blog and I knew she was working on 23 Things, she saved the day by sharing what she had learned with my friends in Renville and getting the schedule to them. I've also connected with other Thingers through the ning site...
I was pleased to take away from this project so many things that I can use in my real life outside of the library. Those things sites that I mentioned above as some of my favorites.
What could you do differently? Set the last day to register much earlier. I signed up on the last day possible but would have benefited from having started much earlier. Anyone who feels technologically challenged needs to go slowly and take baby steps through this. A deadline on the near horizon has scared some people away from the project.
If you offered More Things, yes, I'd sign up. I now know how important it is to keep up with the 2.0 world.
My one word: Phenomenal.
And a big thank you to those behind the scenes...
1 comment:
Molly...Congratulations on your successful completion!! It's great to know that you found the experience valuable. Nice job.
~Lynn
Post a Comment