"The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it." Samuel Johnson
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thing 8, Social Media Management
The only social media we are currently using at the library is Facebook. Facebook has had me download their page manager app, which is helpful. What I like the most is that I can use my phone as my camera and get a photo post up asap. Our Director just created a fun new display called "Don't judge a book by it's cover" where she covered the books with scrap paper. She asked me to post it to Facebook. With this new iPhone, doing so was a breeze!
Well, now we are also on Foursquare! Or I should say, I created a login as the library, but that's not creating the business. I searched businesses in Redwood Falls, but we didn't come up. Found someones link of other check-in sites, and sure enough, we are there for the claiming. This claiming process is complicated, I'll say--a phone call, then either a credit card or a postcard. I chose the postcard method, so will be back with updates on this Thing once it arrives...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment