Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thing 17 - Connecting With Community

I explored a few of the suggested apps for this Thing. Number one, I checked out the State Fair app as the Fair is one of my favorite summer events! But alas, the app is still from last year so I can't plan my visit yet! Moving on, I had already downloaded the app for MN 511 and used it during this past winter. I was well familiar with the website. Having the app on my phone is so convenient. I wouldn't often think of using it during this time of the year, however, while checking it again to write about it I see that they let you know about road construction which would be helpful is you are planning a trip. The other app that I downloaded was the one for MPR. I love it! I have all of the stations right at hand--so very convenient. I haven't uncovered any other local apps, but will keep an eye out!

No comments: