"The next best thing to knowing something is knowing where to find it." Samuel Johnson
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Thing 19: Hobbies
I looked at a few apps for Thing 19. Road Ninja is kind of a bust for us in our community--it can't find any exits nearby! Lol! So I moved on to other Things....
I tried MyGarden. I wasn't too impressed with it. Unless you have a question to ask, how do you get anything useful out of it? I searched the "Plant Overview" for several plants but found the information covered was very brief. I'm not sure that an app where I follow other gardeners is for me. I like that you can ask a question, but this seems like Wikipedia for Gardeners rather than a professional source.
The app that I most enjoyed for this Thing was the Sibley Lite Bird Field Guide. It's great information about birds along with a recording of their songs. I may have to purchase the full app with more birds! I tried downloading another free Bird Field Guide, this one by Peterson's. It doesn't have the bird calls like the Sibley's, but I really enjoy their illustrations. They show multiple species of birds on a page, so that you get an idea of how they compare for size. Both are keepers for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment