For several months now, staff at our library have been writing reviews to submit to our monthly newsletter. We should be posting these to a wiki and archiving them like they do at the Booklover's wiki. Currently when the month is up, so are the reviews...
I also liked the Albany County Public Library's wiki. They had a lot of useful information for staff there, including lots of the basic stuff that can become general knowledge to experienced staff but that staff new to the library setting doesn't know and may need to know. Just the idea of learning all expected procedures, privacy issues, etc. They also have a goals and expectations page. Very interesting stuff here.
The MN150 wiki is also interesting. Too bad there are only 3 submissions for southwest Minnesota.
I posted to the 23 Things wiki. My two cents were:
mojo was here,
working on 23 Things on Easter weekend,
with many more Things to go, oh my!
I like how you can use wikis to pull so many people and ideas together. I worry that it might be hard to manage, hard to control grafitti, etc. I'm trying to think of ideas and ways to use a wiki in my personal life and projects... But for the library I really like the way Albany posted policies and expectations, but most especially I liked the staff recommendations used at the Booklovers wiki.
School research and wikis? I'm not trusting enough, I think students could be led down the wrong path by using a wiki for research.
No comments:
Post a Comment