RSS feeds are fascinating. I had previously attempted to pick an aggregator and sign up, but didn't follow through. Thanks to 23 Things for the clear instructions.
The Lee Lefever video made it so clear and simple. I was finding the RSS link on a few websites, but getting the strange text page and Lee explained how to handle that was to copy the address and paste into the search feature on the Aggregator. Did I say any of that correctly?!
So, I've signed up to receive feeds from my co-workers blogs, my nephew away at graduate school writing about health care (who is this kid?), some MPR news sites, Rick Steves travel, the Feel-Good Librarian, etc... But some pages were difficult. Finding RSS feeds on the Kare 11 site was nearly impossible, and once I did I couldnt' get the links to work in any manner. Any advice? I also tried to find an RSS feed from our local radio station to help stay on top of local news, but again I couldn't find. I suppose they might be behind the times...
This would be great for our library too. Especially helpful in getting the word out about programming and library events... We've talked about all the things we'd like to add to our website and I think this is another to add to the list!
I set up with Google Reader as I was already blogging with them anyhow. It was easy to us. I can see how this too, would be a great service to help families keep in touch.
Click the following link to view an Unshelved cartoon will make you laugh:
http://www.unshelved.com/archive.aspx?strip=20080301
No comments:
Post a Comment