Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 14: Library Thing

This would likely be a better way for library staff to share it's suggestions, better than the wikis we looked at a few Things back. It would be easy to add a link to our website and so super easy for staff to add their own favorites. Or everyone could create their own library with separate links on the website.

Signing up couldn't have been simpler. All they require is a user name, password and your email, and you're in.

Add books was fun, I think I should go grab bokoks from my personal collection and add some more. All you do is search by author or title and click on the text to add the book to you library.

It was scary to see so many people with similar interests. One person I read about had been a Park Ranger at Yosemite for over ten years. As a fan of the writings of John Muir, that was pretty cool to find.

How have I currently been sharing the great books I've read? Word of mouth. Holy 2.0 action on that front now!

I think we should start using this in our library right away. I know I will at home...

No comments: