A lot of the young teen and pre-teens at our library play Runescape every day. They are fascinated by it, but I've never taken the time to try it. Knowing that I was excited to give online gaming a try for this Thing.
However, I was disappointed. I thought second life might be more exciting than the video demo, but it wasn't. I registered and downloaded the program. Signed in as MoJo McCord and tried to wander around. It's very hard to steer yourself. Flying was cool. I went to Info Island as suggested by other bloggers but I didn't find any info! I'm sure I'm missing something as I'm just getting frustrated. My avatar is bloody and bruised because I can't steer her well. It seems as is there are supposed to be interactive things here, but I can't figure anything out. I'm sure there is a lot here, and at other sites, but I won't pursue this one on my own.
For additional information about Second Life I reviewed several of the articles linked on the 23 Things website for this Thing. I'm still not clear on these. I'm going to move on now, saying that I gave this a good effort even if I'm walking away confused. It's been a huge timesucker...
No comments:
Post a Comment