I am not a member of any other online communities, so this has been interesting. I really liked the MPR pages, especially the Minnesota books page which led me to the discussion of "To Kill A Mockingbird". All of the Gather sites look like fun, trustworthy content for adults.
I have used Web Junction on a limited basis. Our director was recently working on putting together internet and genealogy courses. I went to Web Junction and found some handouts and things she could use and not have to take the time to put them together herself. That was neat.
Ning is pretty cool. I created an account, and even a group for my library system. I got jealous of all the other library systems in the groups, so we'll see if I get any activity started. I hope I'm not the only one... My Ning page... I left a random comment for someone, added some pictures, as well as a widget and several badges.
Overall I don't feel that I will continue to use Facebook or MySpace (unless those relatives I marked as friends pull me in!), and of course Web Junction has content relevant to work. I loved playing around with the 23 Things ning. I just might play around with this for perhaps comminication about a family reunion. Actually, I've been keeping it in my as we worked through all of these sites--isn't there something out there to help my extended family keep in touch? Setting up a family ning account just may work... I also looked at the food and movie nings. They were interesting, but I'm feeling a bit overloaded with information, so did not sign up. Maybe I'll be back there later, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment