I added some tags to my most recent blog postings. I can see very quickly that I talked about say a specific website that I liked, but if it's not in the title I would likely have trouble finding it later to share with someone. By going back and adding more descriptions in my tags it will be easier to navigate through all of my postings. People who post a lot and often would find this tool very useful.
Delicious is a great tool for people who often access the internet from different computers. I'm especially thinking of folks who use the library computers--they often use different machines and our policy dictates that they not save anything to the computer. Of course they do, but Delicious would be a perfect tool for them. For students. Wow, not only do people no longer need software they no longer their Favorites. I think I'm getting dizzy with all of this new information and options... Who needs a wireless laptop, just login from anywhere and you've got everything at your fingertips. Amazing.
Delicious looks like a great tool for staff and organizing our favorite reference and r.a. links. We often need to access them from different computers and this would put them all at hand. I should do that for us asap... And it would help us find other great resources too... I need to study how othe libraries have organized their pages and talk to my boss and co-workers for their suggestions too. This would be a great tool for us.
And yes, it would be a great tool for reference once you have your account set up and you can check what other people have also linked to. Like genealogy sites, I could add some favorites here and if you looked at what similar links other people had saved, well, this can open up so many doors...
No comments:
Post a Comment